The world of technology is constantly evolving, and the job market is also changing rapidly. The demand for tech jobs has been rising for years and will continue for a while. In this article, we’ll explore the current state of the tech job market, including the number of tech jobs in the world, the best careers for the future, and the lesser-known but lucrative jobs often overlooked.
How many tech jobs are there in the world?
The tech industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and it’s no surprise that there are a lot of tech jobs out there. According to a report by CompTIA, there were over 11 million tech jobs in the United States alone in 2020. That number is expected to grow by 10% in the next decade. Globally, the tech industry is estimated to employ over 50 million people.
However, the number of tech jobs worldwide is more expansive than in traditional tech hubs like Silicon Valley. The tech industry’s growth has led to new tech hubs in places like Austin, Seattle, and Denver, to name a few. Tech jobs are also available in industries outside of technology, such as healthcare, finance, and retail.
Which tech jobs are best for the future?
As technology advances, some technical jobs are better positioned for growth than others. Here are some of the best technical jobs for the future:
1. Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineer:
- AI and machine learning are rapidly becoming more prevalent in all industries, and the demand for engineers who can design, develop, and implement these technologies will only increase.
2. Cybersecurity Analyst:
- With increasing cyber threats, businesses need professionals to protect their networks and data from potential breaches.
3. Data Scientist:
- As businesses collect more than ever, the ability to analyze and extract insights from that data is becoming increasingly important.
4. Full Stack Developer:
- Full stack developers are in high demand as companies seek professionals who can work on both the front and back end of websites and applications.
5. Cloud Architect:
- As more businesses move their operations to the cloud, the demand for professionals who can design and manage cloud infrastructures will continue to grow.
Which tech jobs are unpopular but can earn more?
While some technical jobs are well-known and sought after, others are lesser-known but can still earn a high salary. Here are some technical jobs that are often overlooked:
- Technical Writer: Technical writers create documentation, manuals, and other instructional materials for software and hardware products. While the job may not be as flashy as some technical jobs, technical writers can earn a good salary and often have a lot of job security.
- Database Administrator: Database administrators manage and maintain an organization’s databases. While the job may not be as glamorous as some other technical jobs, it can be well-paying and has a low unemployment rate.
- User Experience (UX) Designer: UX designers are responsible for creating user-friendly interfaces and experiences for websites and applications. While UX design is becoming more popular, there is still a need for more professionals in this field, which can result in high salaries.
- Network Administrator: Network administrators manage an organization’s computer networks. While the job may not be as exciting as some other technical jobs, it can be well-paying and has a low unemployment rate.
- Technical Support Specialist: Technical support specialists support users experiencing technical issues with hardware or software products. While the job may not be as glamorous as some other technical jobs, it can be well-paying and has a low unemployment rate.